InspirEd by Sir Ken Robinson
Sir Ken Robinson was a trailblazing voice in education and educational reform, and his legacy of activism will live on for years to come.
In our latest podcast episode, we hear from the late Sir Ken from the Homeschooling Global Summit in 2019 about his incredible work, specifically:
- The importance of having great mentors, heroes, and teachers;
- His report: All Our Futures: Creativity, Culture and Education (The Robinson Report) - a report commissioned by the UK government to cultivate a culture of creativity in schools;
- Meeting Queen Elizabeth and being knighted for his work in reforming education
- Why arts matter and how art and science are connected;
- Distinction and connection of imagination, creativity, and innovation;
- How alternative education (such as homeschooling, unschooling, worldschooling, and self-directed learning) paves the way to re-think schools and focus on the natural conditions and impulse to learn;
- The future of education and how can we make the change.